Sunday 19 June 2016

Papermore Office



I started controlling my breathing as I got off on the fifth floor, as I couldn’t afford to blow up at her the moment I went into her office. I took one last moment to collect myself before I knocked and opened her door.

“Bob! What can I do for you today?”

I took a long breath.

“Got an emergency meeting in a few minutes. I need the Rodriguez file, and-“

She let out a small scream then covered her mouth. I couldn’t help but look around at the piles and piles of random papers that filled most of the room.

“Gimme a sec!”

She ran up to me and practically pushed me out the door. As soon as the door closed, I heard crashes and bangs of piles of paper being tossed around.

After five minutes, the door opened a crack and the file was held out. She tried to speak, but all she could manage was heavy breathing. I took the file.

“… And the Harding account.”

Her eyes widened.

“I’ll bring it up to you!”

I worked on explanations on my way to the conference room.

Still don’t know how she managed to find it in time…

No comments:

Post a Comment