Friday 24 May 2013

The Blog Q&A

Q: So what is this?

A: It's a blog.

Q: Oh ha ha. Details?

A: My name is Mathew Sforcina, you may know me from 411mania or Wild Talk Radio or Australian Wrestling or any number of places. I do some creative writing, and I've set myself a challenge to write at least one Drabble a day. You're welcome to come along for the ride.

Q: ... What the hell is a Drabble?

A: According to Wikipedia, which is never wrong...

A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction of exactly one hundred words in length, not necessarily including the title. The purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

It was created by Monty Python, of all people, and it was fashionable for a while in the old days of the internet for people to get a topic and then write against each other, but I'm just by myself here. So yeah, I'll be posting 100 word stories, hopefully once a day.

Q: Why?

A: Because I'm both lazy and self-obsessed.

Q: Come again?

A: I tend to hold onto ideas for far too long, thinking I'll get to them someday. By doing this, I force myself to think up new ones, while seeing if anything I do has real merit, if I keep coming back to it.

Q: So what's your endgame here?

A: I don't really have one, as such. Maybe if this goes on for a while, I might make an e-book or something, and/or if enough people love an idea it'll go somewhere, but this is more for my own benefit. You're welcome to stick around.

Q: So can we play?

A: At the moment, while you're more than welcome to challenge me with an idea or something, this is just about me. But if enough people want to join in, maybe we'll work something out.

Q: Copyright would be…?

A: All text, unless stated otherwise, is mine and is covered by Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0), as listed here. (Note that this copyright was switched over from the 3.0 version on August 3rd, 2014, so if there is some difference between 3.0 and 4.0, anything published before that point is technically under 3.0, maybe, I think, I don't know I'm not a lawyer.) If you have any questions, or if you’d like to use something here for commercial use, email me at mlsq42@gmail.com and we can discuss it. Thanks!

(Version 1.3, 03/08/14)

No comments:

Post a Comment